Take A Sip Of Summer
By Lizzy Mulderrig | June 9, 2017
Sip On Summer
Nothing is more enjoyable than a summer weekend getaway. Whether your destination it is a flight cross the Atlantic or right in your own backyard, these cocktail recipe’s will cool you down, ignite your tastebuds and help create lasting memories!
The only thing better than a margarita you ask? How about a pineapple margarita?
- Kosher salt (optional, for the rim of your glass)
- 1 part silver tequila
- 4 parts pineapple juice
- ½ part triple sec
- ¼ part lime juice
- Line rim with salt (optional)
- Combine tequila, pineapple juice, triple sec and lime juice in a shaker with ice
- Shake mixture so it is well combined
- Pour into your glass
- Top it off with some lime and/or pineapple wedge garnish!
Cucumber Basil Gin & Tonic
Want less sweet and more refreshing? We think a cucumber basil gin and tonic will do the trick.
- 3 oz gin
- 2 oz St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3 sprigs basil (a few extra if you’re fancy and want to garnish)
- 1 cucumber
- Use a peeler to slice thin cucumber ribbons. Wrap these along the inside of your glasses. Take the leftover cucumber and cut off 5-6 chunks to muddle into the cocktail
- Squeeze lime juice into a cocktail shaker and add gin, St. Germain, basil, and cucumber chunks
- After you muddle the ingredients thoroughly, add ice
- Shake well, then pour into your glasses
- Top then with tonic and garnish with basil
With some of our favorite seasonal flavors, this beverage is sure to be your go-to cool down this summer!
- 4 oz Prairie Cucumber Vodka
- 4 (1-inch) cubes of seedless watermelon
- 2 limes, diced
- 2 oz simple syrup
- Lime rim with equal parts of half and sugar combined with fresh grated lime (optional)
- 2 watermelon slices
- 2 cucumber slices
- 2 small mint sprigs
- Combine vodka, watermelon and lime in a cocktail shaker
- Add simple syrup, fill with ice, and cover and shake until cold
- Rim the glasses with a cut lime and dip in the lime rim mixture
- Poor ingredients into glasses over ice
- Top with watermelon slice, cucumber slice, and a spring of mint (optional)
Strawberry Rosé Sangria
Warning: It’s going to be super difficult to cut off your friends from this next drink. A Strawberry Rosé Sangria is not only insanely delicious and adorably pink, it’s also very simple to make!
- 1 (750 ml) bottle of rosé
- 1 cup strawberry vodka
- 2 1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 1/4 cup of stevia/ regular ol’ sugar (optional)
- 10 fresh strawberries
- Combine rosé, vodka, and half of your strawberries into a pitcher. Add your preferred amount of sweetener and stir
- Refrigerate for 2 – 6 hour
- Just before serving, add the soda and the remainder of strawberries
- Serve over ice with a strawberry garnish for extra cuteness
Check out co-founder Landon Clements favorite take on this recipe on Grenville Society.